Hours per week: 35 -- 9:00am – 5pm Mon - Friday
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Maintain and coordinate parish facilities on Google calendar. Develop and maintain calendar that identifies the time, date, name of organization as well as room scheduled to use.
- Complete general secretarial duties and maintain files for the Pastor.
- Receive phone calls, schedule appointments and process documents, letters and memos for the Pastor.
- Serve as a representative with parishioners and others visiting or calling the parish.
- Ensure parishioners are registered and schedule Spanish baptisms, quinceaneras, weddings, funerals and other events and secure all required documentation.
- Prepare all marriage files and send to the Diocese.
- Edit Spanish bulletin and maintain communication with Spanish groups.
- Assist the parish receptionist with phone coverage throughout the day and cover the front desk as needed.
- Translate documents for all departments from English to Spanish.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and report calendar events for the week.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all parish matters.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance/Administrative Lead.
- Office experience of at least 2 years.
- Associate's Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Fluency in Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function in a parish environment.
- Strong Google Calendar management skills.
- Strong organizational skills – multiple tasks.
- Skilled use of MS Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Capacity to develop competency with ACS/Raisers Edge(church database).
- Able to maintain confidentially and maintain professionalism.
- Team oriented – ability to work toward parish and staff goals.
- Responsive to parish and parishioner needs.
- Area of related work experience: Catholic parish, school or non-profit organization.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Parish background information: 4100 Parish Families
Position Start Date: As soon as possible