Hours per week: 10
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Effectively implement the Diocesan Language Arts Curriculum for Grade six.
- Design instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills.
- Possess the ability to differentiate based on the needs and abilities of students.
- Manage student behavior, assess and evaluate students, and communicate effectively with parents.
- Incorporate the use of technology into lessons that support the school’s instructional programs and goals.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and confidential school information.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 0-5
- Area of related work experience: 0-5
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License or an equivalent out-of-state license to teach Middle School Language Arts.
- Contribute to a positive, Catholic school culture driven by high expectations for student achievement, professional growth, and collaboration to enhance student learning.
- Possess the capacity to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
Parish or school background information
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School is a co-educational private Catholic school serving 179 students in preschool and kindergarten through eighth grade. Our school opened in 1999 and just celebrated 20 years of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Raleigh. The presence of Christ permeates our rich Catholic educational traditions of forming the whole child: spiritually, academically, physically, and socially. Our school provides students with a rich tradition in Catholic education and our curriculum challenges our students to reach their highest potential.
Position Start Date: 08/06/2019