Hours per week: 25
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Assist in the administration and supervision of the After-School Programs in accordance with school policies.
- Work with Assistant on program development, parent communication and innovation of special methods and approaches to instruction and care.
- Prepare weekly attendance sheets; monitor and review attendance logs and evaluate staff performance in accordance with the after-school programs.
- Review staff supply requests needed for the After-School Programs; monitor expenses of the after school sites; conduct annual inventory of program materials; assure fair distribution and rotation of program materials. Report snack order to Administration.
- Conduct safety inspections of after school facilities and communicate corrections needed to ensure safety at all times to Administration.
- Review staff time sheets; submit time sheet to Administration for approval and for payment with a designated time schedule.
- Contact substitutes to cover for staff as needed; update substitute list with current hours substitutes are available; cover after school sites as necessary.
- Participate and assist in the facilitation of in-service training programs, and care needed during parent nights.
- Work collaboratively with site and school personnel.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 0-5
- Area of related work experience: 0-5
- Basic needs and characteristics of school age children.
- Curriculum planning, instructional techniques and strategies, organization and facilitating care in an after-school program.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles and practices of managing a child care program.
- Computer software applications for communication, research and data reporting.
- Principles and methods of child development and management.
- Proper evaluation methods.
Parish or school background information
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School is a co-educational private Catholic school serving 179 students in preschool and kindergarten through eighth grade. Our school opened in 1999 and just celebrated 20 years of Catholic Education in the Diocese of Raleigh. The presence of Christ permeates our rich Catholic educational traditions of forming the whole child: spiritually, academically, physically, and socially. Our school provides students with a rich tradition in Catholic education and our curriculum challenges our students to reach their highest potential.
Position Start Date: 08/14/2019