St. Bernadette Catholic Church
The Administrative Assistant will be accountable to the Pastor and responsible for the front desk and general administrative duties. The candidate must be bilingual, have exceedingly good verbal and written communication skills, meticulously organized, be a strong leader, and be adept using computers and Microsoft office applications. The candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with a church and living in accordance with the church’s moral teachings.
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time) - This position requires an average of 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) with some evening and weekend hours.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Primary interfaces include parish staff, ministry leaders, vendors, parishioners and the general public.
- Coordinate all incoming calls and emails to the Parish office email account.
- Assist new parishioners with completing Parish Registration Forms in Realm.
- Assist parishioners with Mass Intentions by following established procedure and ensuring donations are accurately recorded.
- Complete documents for the weekend Masses to include Mass Intentions, MC announcements and Pastor announcements. Place Bulletins over at the church on Friday’s before leaving.
- Receive and sign for mail and vendor deliveries.
- Prepare correspondence as directed by the Pastor.
- Create signs for the door to notify parishioners of closings.
- General correspondence and letter to parishioners.
- Prepares Sacrament certificates.
- Manage official Sacrament books.
- Notify Business Manager to order supplies (holy water bottles, paper, Bibs, candles, Mass Intention cards.
- Save and keep updated all Parish forms in team.
- Homebound Ministry list updated in Teams.
- Kitchen/Breakroom – monitor supplies and notify Business Manager on supplies to order, keep organized and cleaned.
- Mass Intention cards supplies. (When order needs church name and date and time of Mass.)
- Prepare church Bulletin for Pastor’s approval.
- Create flyers for TV monitors, webpage, Facebook, bulletins and app.
- Assist Deacon’s as Required.
- Reports to Pastor.
- Candidate must successfully complete all necessary criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Experience & Education:
- High School Diploma
- Paid Holidays & Vacation days
- 403(b) Retirement Plan