St. Ann Catholic Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Performs general administrative duties for the pastor; schedules visiting priests as needed; facilitates meetings between pastor, ministry leaders, pastoral staff and parishioners.
- Arrange appointments for spiritual guidance, home blessings, visits to the sick and hospitals for clergy and deacons.
- Responds to ministry leaders’ inquiries (phone, email, drop-in visits) in a timely fashion.
- Manages the annual calendar for the parish and coordinates with communications to have it published.
- Schedules parish facilities usage & room reservations for ministries and schedules fundraising activities on parish calendar.
- Ensures Mass intentions are properly added to the prayer of the faithful, altar sheet and bulletin by overseeing the mass intention book in collaboration with the front desk volunteers.
- Prepares liturgical binders for daily, weekend and Holy Day & Feast Days Masses; compiles and translates pulpit announcements and prayer of the faithful.
- Coordinates priest coverage for clergy.
- Manages Parish Center and other installations rentals; coordinates setup and take down for these events.
- Handles rental fees and Mass intention fees and reports to bookkeeping.
- Updates parishioner database information as needed.
- Maintains communication with the Communications staff member to guide the part time maintenance person, ensuring the maintenance needs of the parish are taken care of.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- 3 or more years administrative work experience in a dynamic Catholic environment.
- Some college preferred.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Power Point skills required.
- Must be Spanish/English bilingual; fluent in both languages.
- Excellent oral and written grammatical communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Degree in business administration, social work, or other job appropriate field or equivalent work experience in a Catholic parish environment.
- Must be Spanish/English bilingual.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Practicing Catholic is preferred, religion is considered an important component to the performance of the duties.
Position Start Date: immediately