Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- The role of the DRE is to oversee the faith formation of the parish in consultation with the Pastor. The DRE recruits catechists, leaders and coordinators and works with them to provide catechetical opportunities for all parishioners. The DRE manages the sacramental preparation and other activities that contribute to ongoing faith formation.
- Areas of management include but are not limited to:
- K-12 Faith Formation Program
- Youth Ministry
- Adult Formation
- Secondary duties include:
- Assisting in implementation of Safe Environment policies
- Supervision of Faith Formation Administrative Assistant
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Catechesis or related area. Should be able to obtain “Master Catechist” status in the Diocese of Raleigh. Should have experience in catechesis, ministry, education or a related field. Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Preferably has a MA in Theology, Catechesis, Education or related area. Preferably has at least two years of experience in running a faith formation program at the parish level.
- Part-Time Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Catechists, youth core-team members, ministry volunteers.
Position Start Date: Immediately