Hours Per Week: 30 (Full-time)
The Liturgical Planning Coordinator is responsible for preparing for Masses and other liturgies at the parish in accordance with diocesan and Church guidelines.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Liturgical Planning:
- Working with the Pastor to ensure all liturgical needs are met to his satisfaction and in accordance with Church guidelines.
- Prepare quarterly Mass schedules with the Pastor, Director of Music Ministry, and Administrator and arrange for substitute priests when necessary.
- Assist Director of Music Ministry and Pastor with planning and staffing funeral and wedding liturgies.
- Coordinate families during baptisms, and work with faith formation on baptismal preparation classes.
- Advise art and environment of upcoming special liturgies and change of seasons.
- Volunteer Coordination:
- Schedule reader, Lay-Minister of Holy Communion, and altar server training with the appropriate leaders each year.
- Ensure that sacristans are trained properly, and all elements required for Mass are prepared.
- Work with secretary to schedule liturgical ministers using Ministry Scheduler Pro.
- Maintain all items needed for liturgy including but not limited to candles, hosts, liturgical periodicals, and vestments.
- Assist with maintenance of sacramental records.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education and Experience: Bachelors in Liturgical Ministry would be a plus.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- 5+ years’ experience with liturgical ministry and sacristan duties.
- Available nights and weekends.
- Ability to follow liturgical guidelines with the goal of active participation of the faithful above all else.
Position Start Date: .ASAP