Hours per week: 40
Saint Raphael Catholic School is a K-8 school located in Raleigh. We are currently accepting resumes for a full-time Middle School Science Teacher. Candidates should present passionate dispositions towards teaching and Catholic formation.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Accepting the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level
- Implementation of the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential
- Performance of professional responsibilities including but not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communication with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Serve as a missionary disciple and serve the students and faculty in creating missionary disciples within our school community.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students to aid in Science Fair
- Degree in Education with a Specialization in Science or a Related Field
- Valid North Carolina Teaching License in Content Area
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience preferred
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check
Position Start Date: 2019-20 School Year