Saint Patrick Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Instruct students in grades preK-8 in music, challenging them to move beyond their current level of experience and talent.
- Ability to tie together lessons within each grade and build upon those lessons in subsequent years.
- Integrate technology into music classes, as appropriate.
- Work together with the Fine Arts and classroom faculty to design and perform musical reviews to display the talent of our students as part of cross curricular activities such as Veteran’s Day Program and Fine Arts Program.
- Lead student in choir for weekly Mass.
- Expand the music program to include a middle school and elementary band.
- Accept the mission of the school as articulated at the diocesan and school level.
- Implement the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school.
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential.
- Perform professional responsibilities including but not limited to delivering engaging lessons that inspire a love for music, support students spiritual growth through preparation for weekly liturgies, choir practice in preparation for weekly Mass, coordinate Veteran’s Day and Spring programs, 8th Grade promotion, band and orchestra development, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communicate with parents and administration, and maintain positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Serve as a missionary disciple and serve the students and faculty in creating missionary disciples within our school community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Successfully complete Diocesan background and reference checks.
- Complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- NC teaching licensure or be able to obtain NC teaching licensure.
- Preferred candidates will have teaching experience in Music.
- Experience in working with outside agencies that would enhance our music program.
Position Start Date: August 1, 2023