Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic School
Hours per week: 40
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following functions/tasks:
- Assists individuals or groups of teachers, grades PreK-8, with the integration of technology into instruction.
- Disseminates information regarding technology resources, emerging technologies, best practices using technology, and professional development opportunities;
- Facilitates or conducts technology-related professional development for school faculty;
- Assists the school’s technology coordinator to monitor needs and efficiently communicate technology-related issues;
- Models effective instructional strategies using technology for teachers in the classroom, during distance learning, and during faculty meetings;
- Serves as a member of all school-based technology committees;
- Facilitates school web page development in collaboration with the district office staff, school administrators, and other license staff;
- Provides school administrators and teachers with technology-related assistance to facilitate reaching school goals, as requested;
- Researches newer technologies, assessing and making purchase recommendations of
hardware, software, or technology services in coordination with the school’s technology coordinator;
- Creates technology-related resources for teachers, administrators, or support staff.
- Assists with minor troubleshooting of technical problems within the schools, providing
minor networking, software, and hardware repairs;
- Encourages effective usage of school technology including Chromebook Carts and iPads;
- Assists administrators and teachers with technology assistance for curriculum and content development.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and keeps skills up-to-date;
- Assists in the implementation of the development and implementation of the Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic School Educational Technology Plan;
- Cooperates with other staff members in promoting effective communication throughout the school;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities;
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Must possess: thorough knowledge of subject(s) taught; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching; thorough knowledge of school expectations and procedures; the ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; the ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports and; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, students, administration, and parents.
- Preference given to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher and a North Carolina Professional teaching license.
- Classroom teaching experience within the range of Pre- Kindergarten to 12th grade is preferred.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of instructional technologies, instructional delivery, curriculum development, and data analysis.
Position Start Date: August, 2020