Full Time or Part Time: Full-time
Hours per week: 30
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic School is a K-8 Catholic school located in Apex. We are currently accepting resumes for an Art teacher. Candidates should present passionate dispositions towards teaching and Catholic formation. The person should:
- Accept the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level;
- Implement the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school;
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential while celebrating the ability levels of all students;
- Collaborate with team and cluster to form successful partnerships with parents, the administration, and students;
- Perform professional responsibilities including but not limited to: planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communication with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a North Carolina teaching certificate in Art or a related field
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience in a Catholic school setting preferred
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check
The position is for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
Position Start Date: Immediately