Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with educational background and experience.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School is a PreK-8 Catholic school located in Apex. We are currently accepting resumes for anticipated openings for classroom teachers in Grades PreK-8 for the 2023-24 school year. Candidates should present passionate dispositions towards teaching and Catholic formation.
- Accepting of the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level.
- Implementation of the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school.
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential while celebrating the ability levels of all students.
- Collaborate with team and cluster to form successful partnerships with parents, the administration, and students.
- Performance of professional responsibilities including but not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communicating with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a North Carolina teaching certificate in the subject area they are teaching.
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience in a Catholic school setting preferred.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full criminal background and reference check.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Position Start Date: August 2023
Posting Expiry Date: When Filled