Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic School
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
Candidates should present passionate dispositions towards teaching and Catholic formation. The person should:
- Accept the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level;
- Implement the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school;
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential while celebrating the ability levels of all students;
- Collaborate with team and cluster to form successful partnerships with parents, the administration, and students;
- Foster a Catholic culture in your work with students, colleagues, administration, parents, and Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic Church;
- Performance of professional responsibilities includes but is not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communication with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a North Carolina teaching certificate in ELA 6-8 or related certification;
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience in a Catholic school setting preferred;
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check;
- Candidate must complete Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Position Start Date: Immediately