Hours per week: 40
Saint Mary Magdalene Catholic School is a K-8 Catholic school located in Apex, NC.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
Candidates should present passionate dispositions towards teaching and Catholic formation, while performing the following:
- Accepting the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level
- Implementation of the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school;
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential while celebrating the ability levels of all students;
- Collaborate with team and cluster to form successful partnerships with parents, the administration, and students;
- Performance of professional responsibilities including but not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communication with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a North Carolina teaching certificate in Science 6-8 or related certification;
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience in a Catholic school setting preferred;
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check
Position Start Date: August 2020