Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic School
Wake Forest, NC
Hours Per Week: 15 (Part-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Accept the mission of the school as articulated at the diocesan and school level.
- Implement the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school.
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential.
- Teach Art to Grades PK – Grade 8 students.
- Design lessons aligned with the Diocese of Raleigh Visual Arts Standards for Instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues to integrate art with other required curriculums.
- Coordinate cultural enrichment opportunities for students.
- Serve as a missionary disciple and serve the students and faculty in creating missionary disciples within our school community.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Art Education or Related Field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience 3 or more years of teaching experience.
- Area of related work experience in Education/Teaching.
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience preferred.
- Valid North Carolina teaching license in content area is preferred.
- Area related teaching experience is preferred.
Position Start Date: August 2022 (SC 2022-2023)