Saint Bernadette Catholic Church
Fuquay Varina, NC
Hours per week: 20 hours
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Timely maintenance of accounts payable, accounts receivables and banking activities.
- Manage and maintain purchase and procurement activities.
- Coordinate and prepare all accounting, budgetary, fiscal and statistical reports on a monthly, quarterly, annual and special request basis per diocese and parish guidelines and calendars.
- Coordinate all support functions for parish payroll and personnel policies.
- Assist pastor, parish staff and finance committee in developing, maintaining and monitoring the annual financial plan/budget, including cash flow management.
- Ensure existence and maintenance of verifiable audit trail for all parish financial transactions.
- Coordinate and provide primary support for inquiries and audits of all financial activities.
- Support the parish offertory and collections team as needed.
- Minimum level of Education: Associate's Degree or Higher, preferably in bookkeeping, accounting or finance
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience at least 2-3
- Area of related work experience: bookkeeping, finance, accounting, or equivalent
Basic Qualifications, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church, diocese and parish.
- Ability to work collaboratively as an effective parish staff team member.
- Ability to maintain professional standards of confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully pass a thorough background check.
- Must be a self-starter, well organized and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to consistently work in a positive and courteous manner with fellow staff, parishioners and the general public.
- Proficient in computer technology with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks is required.