Saint Bernadette Catholic Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time) - the position requires some nights and weekends.
Bilingual Assistant Director of Faith Formation, under the Director of Religious Education, is responsible for creating and implementing the curriculum for all children’s faith formation programs, and for training catechists to teach in those programs. The candidate must be bilingual, having exceedingly good and written communication skills, meticulously organized, be a strong leader, and be adept using computers and Microsoft office applications. The candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with a church and living in accordance with the church’s moral teachings.
- Serves as member of the parish staff; attends staff meetings and faith formation team meetings.
- Develops and presents programs for faith formation of catechists, in accordance with diocesan policies and in keeping with the overall philosophy of the Department of Faith Formation.
- Develops and implements curriculum for Kindergarten through 8th grade faith formation classes, in accordance with diocesan policies and in keeping with the overall philosophy of the Department of Faith Formation.
- Implements curriculum for sacramental preparation, in accordance with diocesan policies and in keeping with the overall philosophy of the Department of Faith Formation.
- Implements curriculum for the Rite of Christian Initiation Adapted for Children, in accordance with diocesan policies and in keeping with the overall philosophy of the Department of Faith Formation.
- Helps plan, coordinate, and supervise the First Communion Retreat and the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion.
- Researches available materials and provides necessary supplemental materials for all programs and processes.
- Provides support to the formation team for training, resources, and programs.
- Acts as a resource person for catechists, staff, and the parish community
- Attends catechist workshops and training and serves as a substitute catechist when necessary.
- Supervises the evening Faith Formation classes (K-8th grade) and makes key decisions in absence of the Director of Religious Education.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Religious Education or the Pastor.
- Oversees the registration process for the students and manages the student files.
- Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium and in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- This is a Bilingual position.
- Successful completion of the Diocesan Safe Environment program within 60 days of hire.
- Successful completion of necessary criminal background and reference checks.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Education or related field.
- Five or more years of classroom experience and parish catechesis.
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to calmly handle conflict between children, parents, and teachers.
- Intermediate computer expertise in Word, Excel, Outlook and parish Realm software.
- Ability to lift 25lbs Working Conditions.
- Full time – Nights and weekend work.