Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
The Superintendent reports to the Vicar for Education and leads the Catholic Schools Office. The position also serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the regional school system comprised of the nine schools in the greater Charlotte area.
- must be well-versed in the educational documents of the Church and committed to embracing and implementing the Catholic philosophy of education expressed in them;
- will be strongly committed to and passionate about Catholic Schools and their mission;
- will be a mission-driven, visionary, energetic, innovative, confident and collaborative leader who inspires cooperation and growth.
- Minimum level of Education: Master’s Degree (education or related field)
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience
- Area of related work experience
The Catholic Church in Western North Carolina, a rapidly growing region, is seeking a dynamic, transformational leader who is a committed and practicing Catholic with the necessary spiritual and intellectual formation as well as academic credentials and experience to lead our 19 Diocesan schools. The Catholic Schools Office serves, supports, and challenges the Catholic community in the Diocese toward continual and planned growth in Catholic identity, academic excellence, community support and service, and financial viability.