Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time; hybrid-remote)
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina is seeking a Benefits Administrator to join the Human Resources department. The Benefits Administrator, reporting to the Director of Human Resources, is responsible for administering group health and retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, workers’ compensation, life insurance, and long-term disability while providing exceptional customer service for both the lay employees and clergy throughout the diocese.
This is a remote-hybrid position based in Raleigh, North Carolina and candidate will spend on average 10% of the time traveling to/from our locations across the eastern half of the state.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the organization's benefits goals, strategies, and employee needs.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of benefits programs, including resolving employee inquiries, coordinating with payroll, and addressing any issues that arise.
- Oversee the completion of all aspects of benefits administration, including enrollment, eligibility, terminations, and plan changes, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and deliver employee communications regarding benefits, including open enrollment materials, plan changes, wellness, retirement, and educational resources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams worldwide including HR, finance, and legal, to ensure seamless coordination of benefits programs with other diocesan initiatives.
- Conduct regular audits and analyses of benefits programs to ensure compliance, competitiveness, and cost-effectiveness.
- Assist in the design and implementation of comprehensive benefits, wellness, and retirement programs that align with the diocese's overall compensation and benefits strategy.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of external benefit providers, negotiate contracts, and manage vendor relationships to ensure cost-effective and high-quality services.
- Assist in the coordination of leave of absence requests including disability and FMLA, Medical Leave, and LTD.
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, and legal requirements related to benefits and retirement programs and make recommendations for enhancements or modifications as needed.
- Monitor and analyze benefits utilization data to identify trends, evaluate program effectiveness, and make data-driven recommendations for program improvements.
- BA/BS and a minimum three years of broad benefits administration experience.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), General Benefits Administrator (GBA), or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of employee benefits regulations, such as ERISA, HIPAA, and ACA, and a track record of ensuring compliance.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing competitive and cost-effective benefits programs.
- Proven experience managing projects successfully, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple deadlines, and drive projects to completion.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make informed decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels across the diocese.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Teams.
- Knowledge of UKG HRIS preferred.
- Ability and desire to provide world-class customer service.
- Some travel required (10%).
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background and reference checks.
- Completion of Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
About the Diocese:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh employees 2,900 associates across eastern North Carolina. The diocese is comprised of 95 parishes, missions and stations, seven centers for campus ministry and 31 schools and early childhood centers.