Hours per week: 40 hours
This is a full-time position with some evening and weekend work required, along with overnight travel.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- The Director of Ethnic Ministries provides leadership and guidance to the ministries that serve the intercultural groups throughout the Diocese of Richmond, to include Black Catholics, Hispanics, Asians and Native Americans.
- The Director seeks to foster the vision of intercultural ministry, which is to strengthen the unity of the Body of Christ while honoring and celebrating the cultural diversity of the Church.
- A Master’s degree in theology, ministry, or social sciences is preferred, along with professional work experience in a human service setting.
- Experience working with ethnic groups is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to facilitate meetings with diverse groups of people.
- The successful candidate must have an understanding of Asian and Black Catholic ministries and Hispanic culture/ministries.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with an excellent understanding of Catholic Church teaching and Church structure is required.
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond has approximately 2,800 Lay Employees working throughout the Diocese in almost every function, and we have many opportunities employment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and hold a strong commitment to work/life balance as well as a focus on providing professional opportunities for ongoing success. We are a wonderful organization to consider working for - and we welcome all to apply. It is the policy of the Diocese of Richmond, not to discriminate against any person based on race, color, sex, age, national origin, or handicap.
Position Start Date: Looking to fill immediately