The Parish of St. Charles Borromeo
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
The ideal candidate will have significant experience as a catechist and be interested in furthering their own formation to attain Master Catechist Certification as part of their continued employment. They must be capable of teaching and directing catechists in both English and Spanish and have the ability to work with others to not only continue our current Faith Formation program but improve and expand them. Must have sufficient personal initiative to work in a flexible work environment.
- Further their own formation to attain Master Catechist Certification
- Plan and coordinate Faith Formation classes and activities at St. Charles
- Order and maintain textbooks and instructional materials
- Coordinate catechists and provide for their ongoing formation
- Supervise weekly Faith Formation classes and activities at St. Charles Borromeo
- Schedule and conduct parent sessions, retreat, and other associated activities for sacramental preparation (First Communion and Confirmation)
- Ensure compliance with all diocesan Safe Environment and Catechetical guidelines
- Adult Faith Formation
- Seasonal events (Advent, Lent, Summer) e.g., Vacation Bible School or Parish Missions
- Develop initiatives to promote vocations and discernment
- Candidate must satisfactorily pass necessary criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish.
Position Start Date: ASAP.
Posting Expiry Date: 07/15/23 or when filled.