Hours per week: 37.5
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job function
- The Learning Support Teacher will work in collaboration with classroom teachers in reinforcing skills, testing, and organizational skills to provide student support.
- Daily tasks may include providing instruction/reinforcement work to individuals or small groups, being a member of the student support team; keeping open communication with parents, teachers, and administration; attending grade level meetings for 5-8; attending all faculty meetings and in-service days
- Provide student support through push in to the classroom or pull out into the Learning Center.
- Work with parents, teachers and administration in efforts to assist students academically.
- Participate as lead in Student Support Team to identify learning challenges and formulate plans to address challenges the student(s) face.
- Minimum level of Education: Teacher certification & classroom experience in Special Education for students in Grades 5-8
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing a criminal background and reference checks
- Completing Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: At least 2 years
- Area of related work experience: At least 2 years
- Holds a North Carolina Teaching License in Special Education
- Honors confidentiality and follows a Code of Professional Ethics
- Ability to assist teachers and administration in determining the individual educational needs of students.
Our Lady of Lourdes School is a K-8 co-educational school. Our enrollment is 472 students. Our Lady of Lourdes is a Catholic Community providing a Christ-Centered, rigorous, academic foundation for all students to grow as life-long learners.
Position Start Date: August 11, 2021