Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Our Lady of Lourdes is a vibrant Catholic Parish of 1,400 families and we are currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Business Manager. Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Business Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the parish office, parish finances, facilities management, and human resources. The responsibilities include: financial oversight and reporting, budget preparation, payroll, and project management. Specific duties include the following:
Finance and Accounting:
- Verify and ensure that all operations are in compliance with the Diocese of Raleigh policies.
- Supervise the Parish Bookkeeper and oversee the ACS accounting program including income, expenses, assets, liabilities, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Complete all bank account reconciliations monthly.
- Provide all necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual statements for presentation to the Pastor, Finance Council, and Diocese.
- Meet monthly with the Parish Finance Council to present financial statements and address questions or issues regarding the parish and school.
- Prepare and present the annual Parish budget and assist with and present the School Budget and the end of year reports.
- Verify and ensure that all operations and facilities are in compliance with Diocese of Raleigh policies and all local codes and insurance requirements.
- Supervise the maintenance and custodial staff to maintain cleanliness, safety and condition of the facilities.
- In collaboration with the Pastor and Parish Maintenance Supervisor, manage and process contracts with vendors and contractors used for capital improvement and facility maintenance.
- Prepare and prioritize the Capital Expenditure list to properly allocate funds for the maintenance of the parish facilities and resources.
- Schedule and manage use and rental of the Fallon Center (Parish Hall) and coordinate caterers and outside vendors.
- Verify and ensure that all operations are in compliance with Diocesan Personnel Policies.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly payroll and process all new hires.
- Prepare and present yearly performance reviews including compensation changes and corrective action when necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Experience overseeing key business functional areas such as Finance and Operations.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a parish preferred.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible.
Posting Expiry Date: When filled.