The Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) is the domestic, anti-poverty social justice program of the U.S. Catholic Bishops. This year, CCHD is offering a local paid internship for Catholics with the Diocese of Raleigh to help promote the important work of CCHD and to offer experience working with and on behalf of those in poverty. The internship will provide practical work in carrying out the mandate of CCHD, opportunities to develop relationships with community leaders, reflection on Catholic social teaching, and opportunities for sharing the Gospel. The internship is paid at an hourly rate of $15/hour and requires 20 hours/week from June to August 2023, and requires attendance (paid for by the USCCB) at orientation in Washington, DC, in person, from May 31-June 2, 2023. The Intern will be given a computer, and most of the work can be conducted from home, but office space in Raleigh is available as well for those who benefit from this option. Those with good writing abilities and an interest in Catholic social justice are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of application. Application deadline is April 30th, 2023. Please send your cover letter and resume to Gary Rosia, and contact Deacon Joshua Klickman at Joshua.Klickman@raldioc.org with any questions.
Hours Per Week: 20 (Part-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Assist with CCHD grant reviews and site visits.
- Promote CCHD through media (produce videos, write articles).
- Assist with CCHD outreach to parishes and communities.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: HS diploma or GED.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: N/A
- Area of related work experience: N/A
- Passionate about communicating the Gospel with missionary zeal
- Disciple with Parish experience
Position Start Date: 1 June 2023, Ends 31 Aug 2023.