Newman Catholic Student Center Parish
Chapel Hill, NC
Hours per week: 40 (Full time)
- Engages regularly with students, in individual or small-group settings.
- Cultivates, trains, and forms effective student leadership each year for the following programs:
- Carolina Catholic Night (CCN), including weekly planning and programing, student band, and supervision of common meal;
- Student retreat programs, especially Carolina Awakening, including formation and oversight of all student ministerial and leadership roles, pre-events, and CA Letter writing;
- Other experiences, including Catholic College Summit Conference and selected national gatherings;
- Hospitality, including planning and organizing social events and Week of Welcome;
- Campus Outreach, including planning and organizing events;
- Marketing, including oversight of Instagram account, digital graphics, outreach and registration, weekly email;
- Collaborates with other staff to facilitate interaction between parish and campus ministry with small faith groups, service and justice, faith formation of children and teens, liturgy and fundraising; and
- All other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
The Associate Director of Campus Ministry also:
- Is present at significant parish-wide events;
- Attends at one Sunday liturgy per week (generally Sunday evening) and other liturgical events as needed;
- Takes part in weekly staff meetings;
- Maintains a budget for assigned programs;
- Provides pastoral care and presence to undergraduate students as needed; and
- Is engaged with colleagues in a supportive atmosphere.
- Strong relational, communication, organizational, and leadership skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with others in a contemporary university parish setting.
- Evidence of personal practice and dedication to Catholic faith, and commitment to personal discipleship and evangelization;
- Advanced degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies, or related field preferred; Bachelor's degree in same plus relevant certification accepted; and
- 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience with college/university campus ministry, young adult ministry, or youth ministry.