Maria Reina de las Americas Parish
Hours per week: 25
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Accurately record required information for all baptisms, first Eucharist, first Reconciliation, confirmation, weddings, funerals, Rite of Election, RCIA and Absence of Canonical Form.
- Send notifications of weddings and confirmation, first communion.
- Act as a shared resource between parish center/farmworkers ministry in the capacity of searching, in collaboration with the supervisor, for resources, services and opportunities to meet the needs of the community.
- Complete and keep accurate registration records of parishioners.
- Manage data input of offertory; perform mail merge to print and distribute individualized reports to send to finance and parishioners on a regular basis.
- Responsible for data entry of contributions in parishioner's files (high level of confidentiality).
- Manage word processing, formatting, and printing of communication tools/items such as, but not limited to: financial contribution reports (using Excel and Word with Mail Merge), parish bulletin, weekly scheduling communications, prayers of the faithful, and other documents as needed.
- Assist in making phone calls as needed.
- Minimum level of Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: at least one year - required
- Area of related work experience: business/office experience - required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications and standard business practices, especially Word, Excel, and Mail Merge function.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage mail and other business correspondence.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Excellent communication skills - spoken and written.
- Business phone experience preferred.
Position Start Date: as soon as possible