Hours per week: 40
Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Interacting with parishioners in person and via telephone:
(i.e. special event registration, answering inquiries or referring to appropriate staff, etc.)
- Maintaining and recording funds received (i.e. memorial donations, gifts)
- Maintaining membership database:
(i.e., entering new members, deactivating members, updating addresses and information, etc.)
- Preparing annual reports (i.e. Status Animarium, Annual Stewardship Report, etc.)
- Maintaining Parish Register: (i.e. recording Baptisms, First Communions, Confirmation, Funerals, etc.)
- Recording anointings.
- Coordinating, scheduling and training volunteer receptionists
- Corresponding via letter, email, phone (i.e. thank you letters, mailing out Welcome packets, etc.)
- Preparing weekly church bulletin.
- Receiving, unpacking and distribution of weekly church bulletins.
- Preparing and posting church bulletin articles to outside bulletin board.
- Attending periodic Welcome/Orientation/Registration on Saturday mornings (6x per year).
Check in Newcomers.
- Tracking and preparing Pastor’s Travel expense report.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Minimum level of Education – High School Diploma, some college preferred but not required.
- Practicing Catholic with an understanding of Catholic practices and rituals.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to observe, question, listen, accept feedback, and deal with changes.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently; possess active organizational skills; able to organize work, multi-task, follow defined procedures, and complete tasks within established timelines with limited supervision.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
Years of related work experience: 1-3 years of experience.
Area of related work experience: Administrative support in a modern office.
Immaculate Conception is a parish of 1,000 + households. Staffed by the religious community of the Oblates of St. Francis De Sales. Our parish is the vibrant expression of the presence of the Risen Christ through sacred worship and loving service. We live Jesus Christ by proclaiming the Gospel, by celebrating the Eucharist, by nourishing our Faith and by loving and serving all God’s people.