Part Time Position
Hours per week: 16 Hours per week regularly; Thursdays and Fridays: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Must be available and willing to work more hours on different days depending on staffing needs
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Interact with parishioners in person and via telephone i.e. Scheduling Mass Cards, Altar Flowers, Sanctuary Candles, Special event registration, answering inquiries or referring to appropriate staff etc.
- Maintain and record funds received
- Computer input into ACS as needed
- Work with Volunteer Receptionists
- Correspondence including, but not limited to: Thank you letters, Welcome packets, other mailings
- Receipt of weekly Church Bulletins, unpack and staff distribution
- Prepare and post Church Bulletin articles to Bulletin Board
- Open church, prepare coffee, empty dishwasher
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum level of Education – High School Diploma, some college preferred but not required
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years of experience
- Area of related work experience: Administrative support in a modern office
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Possesses well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to observe, question, listen, accept feedback, and deal with changes
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently; possesses active organizational skills; able to organize work, multi-task, follow defined procedures, and complete tasks within established timelines with limited supervision
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Practicing Catholic with an understanding of Catholic practices and rituals
Immaculate Conception is a parish of 1,000 + households. Staffed by the religious community of the Oblates of St. Francis De Sales. Our parish is the vibrant expression of the presence of the Risen Christ through sacred worship and loving service. We live Jesus Christ by proclaiming the Gospel, by celebrating the Eucharist, by nourishing our Faith and by loving and serving all God’s people.
Position Start Date: Negotiable