Immaculate Conception Parish and Immaculata Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Responsible for developing long-range strategic facilities plans to include funding and budget planning based on the parish and school’s current and future needs.
- Prepares specifications for physical plant projects; estimates costs of equipment, materials, labor, and supplies; prepares bid specifications for projects, equipment, and contracted services; oversees site and building project performed by outside contractors.
- Has the ability to address identified needs by developing an overall strategic plan for the for the preventative maintenance, replacement and upgrade of the campus facilities while looking towards an overall community goal to improve sustainability.
- Has knowledgeable of general construction practices with experience in developing facility improvement projects including the budgeting, bidding, negotiating, and awarding improvement contracts.
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems.
- Develops specifications for cost-effective campus energy management systems; supervises the operations, maintenance, and repair of such systems.
- Serves as administrator responsible for facility safety and meeting physical ADA compliance standards, and required city, county, and state building codes.
- Manages the campus’ inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Manages all aspects of facility operations including purchasing supplies, hiring staff, and overseeing spending.
- Maintains building safety by inspecting facilities for hazards such as fire hazards or structural damage.
- Oversees facility security measures such as installing cameras and developing emergency response plans.
- Responsible for training and preparing clergy, staff and volunteers on safety procedures and protocols.
- Ensures that maintenance staff is performing all required tasks in a timely manner.
- Supervises contracted cleaning company engaged in cleaning campus buildings and premises.
- Must be accessible 24/7 for on call support and serve as a primary contact for campus security company.
- Collaborates with the school principal and parish administrators to manage parish and school facilities.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Degree in facilities management, engineering, property management or business operations management.
- Excellent communications, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic planning and project management experience.
- Working knowledge of local/national facilities regulations and laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Minimum level of Education: Associate degree.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 5 years
- Area of related work experience: Facilities management/property management
- Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Experience: Facilities Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Supervises: Maintenance Tech and Custodial Team
Position Start Date: 11/28/2022- As soon as possible