Hours per week: 40 (Full time)
Job Description: The Coordinator of Communications and Scheduling (CC&S) is a full-time, non-exempt position that has as primary responsibility the oversight and actual production of all communications from the parish to parishioners, and also to the larger community (local and state.) The communication media are paper, electronic and phone. Current publications include the weekly e-newsletter and the bilingual parish web site. In addition, the CC&S is responsible for maintaining the parish calendar by overseeing the scheduling process at the parish. The CC&S is capable of handling multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously. Strong working knowledge of MS Suite (Excel, Power Point, Publisher), Weebly, Canva and E-mail Marketing. Also skilled in all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Coordinate the parish-wide bilingual communication strategy.
- Oversee the design and production of the weekly electronic newsletter.
- Edit newsletter to create a paper newsletter.
- Manage and maintain the bilingual parish website.
- Develop and execute communications plans for parish events and initiatives.
- Design flyers, signage, and other print materials.
- Staff point of contact for the parish communications committee.
- Coordinate the Parish information and announcements including but not limited to weather and emergency announcements.
- Maintain messages on the phone system (regarding Holiday Mass schedule and closures).
- Create and update slides for the parish electronic display board in the gathering space.
- Create high quality press releases on Immaculate Conception news and submit to local media outlets.
- Create all posters and advertisement materials for events at the Church.
- Coordinate collections for flowers tributes for Guadalupe /Christmas /Easter and create a published list of donors.
- Responsible for maintaining the parish calendar through scheduling. The CC&S will approve submitted events, edit and cancel events.
- Maintain and update the official guidelines re: scheduling.
- Create work opportunities that can be delegated to volunteers and oversee their work.
- The CC&S will be a back-up for the receptionists welcoming visitors at the front desk.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Office Publisher.
- Ability to multi-task and organize deadlines.
- Must be a practicing Catholic.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background and reference checks.
- Completion of Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Minimum level of Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in communication or a related field.
Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- 1 year
- Advanced knowledge of communication and computer systems, including Adobe InDesign or Photoshop.
- Knowledge of E- newsletters.
- Basic web and graphic design skills; portfolio of work product able to be provided upon request.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with other parish staff and priests.
- Preferred skills: social media, photography, and videography experience.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible.