Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- In collaboration with the Pastor, the Business Manager is responsible for overseeing, integrating, and managing the parish community’s Stewardship of Treasure, encompassing the business, financial and physical plant affairs of the parish.
- In this capacity, the Business Manager aids and advises the pastor concerning the administration and use of parish funds as well as communications of a financial nature.
- In collaboration with the Pastor, the Business Manager provides direction and supervision of all parish Plant and Operations Ministries.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Major in business administration, accounting or finance preferred.
- Years of related work experience: 5 to 10 years in business or management preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting required, non-profit and/or church accounting preferred.
- Work experience in a church or non-profit environment preferred.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Capital campaign experience preferred.
- Computer skills required: knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
In Financial Management
- Accounting and finance principles and practices with preference to non-profits.
- Cash flow and budget management.
- Plan and management of fund-raising activities.
- Ability to represent an institution on financial matters.
In Facilities/Plant Management
- Reasonable facilities maintenance skills.
- Ability to keep properties and facilities operational according to parish, diocesan, and government standards.
- Knowledge of personnel policies, procedures, and law.
- Working knowledge of computer operations and office equipment.
- Awareness of liability and litigation procedures and ability to respond to federal, state, and local laws.
- Ability to communicate effectively with inside and outside parties, in writing or in front of groups.
- Ability to work with and supervise volunteers and volunteer groups.
- The ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission preferred.
- Experience with ACS church software preferred.
- Reasonable mechanical aptitude required.
- Possess organizational, pastoral, computer, communication, motivational and people skills.
Immaculate Conception Parish of 1,000 families ministers to the faithful coastal community of Carolina Beach, NC and historic Wilmington, NC. The community is ministered by the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales. St. Francis de Sales advocates “Living Jesus Christ” by proclaiming the Gospel, celebrating the Eucharist, nourishing our Faith, and serving all God's people with compassion, humility and gentleness.
Position Start Date: Immediately