Immaculata Catholic School in Durham, NC is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and qualified principal to lead a growing school academically and spiritually and to serve its approximately 530 students. Conveniently located in the thriving city of Durham, NC, Immaculata offers a diverse and involved community, student accommodation and acceleration services, a wide variety of specials classes and extracurricular activities, incorporation of STEM (science/technology/engineering/math) project-based learning, and the recognition of being a nationally ranking Blue Ribbon school based on outstanding student and staff performance and a Green Ribbon school as one that embraces environmentally sound practices.
Founded in 1909 by the Sisters of St. Dominic from Newburgh, NY, the teachers and staff at Immaculata have long served students from many backgrounds and of various faiths from the Durham community and beyond. The Sisters believed that a Catholic education that demands academic excellence should be available to any family who sought such a foundation. More than a century later, Immaculata continues its legacy by educating her over 500 students with the same focus and mission.
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Be an active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of the vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council.
- Be dedicated to the spiritual growth of our students and faculty.
- Be a mission-driven leader with strong integrity, sound judgment, excellent collaborative skills, and possessing a commitment to curriculum and staff development.
- Demonstrate successful experience in the areas of public relations and development, as well as budgetary and financial management skills.
- Exhibit exceptional verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in technology, ability to develop strategic and long-range planning, and be able to motivate others toward task accomplishment.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration/Leadership with a minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience. Experience as a Catholic School Principal or Assistant Principal preferred.
- Possess or be eligible to be licensed as an administrator by the N.C. Department of Public Instruction.
- Successfully complete all necessary criminal background and reference checks.
- Complete Diocese-sponsored Safe-Environment Training prior to first day on campus
Position Start Date: July 1, 2023
Applications will be considered upon submission, so applicants are encouraged to apply early.