Immaculata Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Teach middle school religion classes and electives in accordance with diocesan standards, our Franciscan identity, best practices, and the individual needs of each student.
- Collaborate with the Director of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS), the Campus Minister, the CGS Catechists (Grades Pre-K to 5), and others in facilitating campus-wide liturgies, service projects, and celebrations (school Mass, Friday Morning Prayer, Middle School Retreats, etc.).
- Collaborate with the other middle school teachers, administration, and others in cross-curricular activities, lessons, and events.
- Pursue professional development (e.g. training in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd) in order to become recognized by the diocese as a Certified Catechist or a Master Catechist.
- Perform teacher duties as assigned (carline, lunch duties, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or certificate in theology, philosophy, catechetics, or a related discipline.
- 1-5 years of experience in education, parish ministry, or a related field.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Interest in leading extracurricular activities (sports, music, acting, tutoring, summer camps, etc.)
Position Start Date: 08/08/2023