Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding developing special education issues, changes in the laws and case law, and educational methods of educating students with disabilities, for the purpose of managing an excellent special education program. Incorporates policies and procedures in accordance with laws and regulations. Ensures that all practices in the school are legal and ethical for each student/family so that each child has the opportunity to achieve at a high level and be prepared for post-secondary success.
- Provides leadership and vision to ensure continuous organizational development and improvement.
- Collaborates effectively with staff, families, resource teachers, and the community for the purpose of planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating educational services and/or programs.
- Implements conflict resolution skills in a variety of situations with staff, families, and the community.
- Develops proposals, new programs, budgets and grants for the purpose of meeting the School’s Strategic Plan and goals.
- Evaluates school’s Special Education programs and monitors the implementation of special education and compliance with regulations, for the purpose of carrying out and achieving objectives within area of responsibility.
- Maintains the school’s system procedures for identification, evaluation, and placement of students with special education needs.
- Coordinates and Supervises Special Needs Pre-K program in collaboration with ECHO Program
- Develops/Writes effective IRP/Student Service Plans out of received IEPs developed by a student’s school district
- Prepares documentation and reports data for the purpose of providing written support, conveying information, and complying with school regulations.
- Meets for annual reviews for all students K-8. Review plans with classroom teachers.
- Coordinates instructional programing for special education services with classroom teachers
- Supervises Related Services Providers § Coordinate services with outside therapists
- Develops appropriate goals and benchmarks for students with Service Plans
- Develops effective push in/pull out sessions for students with a Service Plan
- Facilitates communication and mediation with parents and advocates regarding the delivery of special education services.
- Organizes & facilitates all Service Plan meetings K-8. Meets with team (Guidance counselor, school psychologist, other resource teachers and classroom teacher) prior to all parent meetings
- Represents the school in dealing with outside agencies and organizations concerned with special education.
- Supervises/Evaluates resource team
- Organizes weekly meeting with Resource Team
- Conducts Focused Walk throughs and provides feedback to teachers and Principal.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of student special education files.
- Manages special education complaints, for the purpose of providing required services.
- Supervises the training of resource teachers and general education teachers for the purpose of assuring well-trained personnel.
- Minimum level of Education: Master’s Degree in Special Education
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: 5 years
- Years of related work experience: 5 years
- Area of related work experience: Teaching in K-12 education
- NC Teaching Certification
- Ability to collaborate with families and community members of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to manage personnel and programs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of curriculum and research-based programming.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and to meet deadlines.
- Resource Teaching Staff
Since 1909, it has been the passion of Immaculata leadership to serve and educate students with a focus on character development, faith formation, and academic excellence. We believe that when children are provided with an innovative education in a nurturing environment, they will grow up to be thoughtful citizens who serve our world.
As a National Blue Ribbon School and the first middle school in NC to receive AdvancED STEM Certification, Immaculata offers a strong curriculum, diverse community, resources and enrichment, extracurricular activities, and state-of-the-art technology.
Position Start Date: 08/01/2021