Immaculata Catholic School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Teach atrium classes in accordance with the principals of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, our Franciscan identity, and the individual needs of each student.
- Collaborate with the Director of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, the Campus Minister, the Middle School Religion Teacher, and others in facilitating campus-wide liturgies and celebrations (school Mass, Friday Morning Prayer, First Communions, etc.).
- Pursue paid professional development (e.g. training in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd) in order to become recognized by the diocese as a Certified Catechist or a Master Catechist.
- Perform teacher duties as assigned (carline, lunch duties, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree (required); degree or certificate in theology, special needs, or another relevant field (preferred).
- Experience in education, parish ministry, or a related field (required); CGS or Montessori experience and/or certification (strongly preferred).
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks, and new employees must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
Position Start Date: 08/08/2023