Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
In response to the Lord’s commission to “Go, make disciples” (Mt. 28:19) the Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization (CYE) will organize and implement efforts to evangelize our high school youth (grades 9-12) and young adults, accompanying and supporting them in their efforts to become disciples of Jesus Christ and to make disciples themselves. As part of the pastoral team of the parish, the CYE collaborates with the clergy and other staff to engage and minister to young people in an increasingly challenging landscape. The CYE will play an integral role in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive pastoral plan to ensure the important work entrusted to us by Jesus is being carried out faithfully and effectively. The CYE should be a disciple of Jesus passionate about making disciples. Primary duties of the CYE include:
· Developing and implementing initiatives for the evangelization of high school youth and young adults.
· Coordinating with clergy and pastoral staff to explore opportunities to better evangelize parents and families as they grow as disciples together.
· Developing relationships with the young people of the parish in order to accompany them in their journey of discipleship.
· Exploring formation opportunities for youth and young adults to encounter Christ (e.g., national or regional conferences, retreats, etc.)
· Maintaining and updating the budget for youth and young adult ministry, in collaboration with the pastoral staff and Business Manager
Candidates should: Candidates should: Be an active Catholic in good standing with the Church; Be a joyful and generous disciple of Jesus Christ, with a passion for making disciples and accompanying young people in their journey with the Lord; Be an effective communicator and team player, willing to demonstrate creativity in problem solving and promoting the mission of the parish
- Minimum level of Education: Should possess an undergraduate/graduate degree in theology, ministry, religious education, or equivalent
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
Should Have previous experience in evangelization and/or catechetical leadership, particularly with respect to ministry to youth and young adults; Should be familiar with LifeTeen and its method of formation for high school youth; Should be able to meet the physical demands of the ministry, having the stamina to supervise young people for extended periods of time and travel as necessary to diocesan and national events.
- Years of related work experience: A minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably in similar role
- Area of related work experience:
- Should possess an undergraduate/graduate degree in theology, ministry, religious education, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably in similar role
Supervises: Volunteers for the Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Position Start Date: 08/16/2021