Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Manage official parish sacramental record books; record Baptisms, First Eucharists, Confirmations, RCIA, and Marriages; update Baptismal book with notifications received from other parishes; record all deaths. Process requests for copies of records.
- Schedule baptisms and related classes. Obtain and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Coordinate with families and clergy to schedule funerals and complete necessary paperwork.
- Order liturgical supplies as needed.
- Assist in the planning of special events, including drafting programs.
- Assist the parish receptionist with phone coverage throughout the day and cover the front desk when needed.
- Assist in translating documents for all departments from English to Spanish.
- Assist the Pastor’s Administrative Assistant in scheduling appointments and meetings and processing documents, letters, and memos for the Pastor and the Parochial Vicars.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by Pastor and Director of Finance and Administration.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Associates Degree/Technical School.
- At least 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Able to maintain confidentially and maintain professionalism.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must interact professionally with visitors, parishioners, and ministry coordinators.
- Related work experience within a Catholic parish, school, or nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of ACS (church database software).
Position Start Date: 1/3/2022