Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral
Hours per week: 10+ (variable)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Lead, supervise or substitute teach programming for multiple age groups in the Language of English and Spanish for in-person instruction and virtual instruction.
- Communicate with parents, catechists, Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral Parish and Community through Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral Bulletin, Website, and Social Media accounts.
- Lead Middle School Youth Group programming and events in-person and virtual, including socials, retreats, prayer services and other events.
- Assist the Formation Team with safekeeping and handling of cash/checks from tuition, retreats, and fundraising events.
- Assist Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral parish staff with record keeping, translating and other office duties as assigned.
- Support Formation Team in planning, preparation, set-up, implementing, and clean up: retreats, day of Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation, and Full Initiation Mass, Cathedral School 8th Grade Retreat plus Family and Formation programming events in the Language of English and Spanish.
- Assist Formation Team planning special events, volunteer opportunities, meetings and socials for Families, Students and Catechists in the Language of English and Spanish.
- Attend Continuing Professional Development in Management, Formation, and Spirit Growth.
- 5 years’ experience as a catechist or working in Formation for the Catholic Church.
- Should be in communion with the Catholic Church.
- Bilingual - Spanish.
- Must be comfortable with using or willing to learn how to use virtual forms to host meetings and smart boards to host programming or meetings in both English and Spanish.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
- Must be willing to share one faith and interact with elementary, middle, and high school students and families in both English and Spanish.
- Must be able to work Sunday 10:30 am – 6:30 pm and Wednesday 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing a criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire and complete Train the Trainer Safe Environment Training within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of Diocesan norms of Faith Formation, Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Power Point.
- ACS proficiency preferred but not required.