Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral
Hours Per Week: 15 (Part-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Communicate bilingually with parents, catechists, Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral Parish and community through Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral bulletin, website, and social media accounts.
- Record and edit formational videos and materials to be posted on social media, YouTube and emailed to families as a teaching resource.
- Assist the Formation Team with safekeeping and handling of cash/checks from tuition, retreats and fundraising events.
- Assist Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral parish staff with recordkeeping, translating and other office duties as assigned.
- Support Formation Team in planning, preparation, set-up, implementation and cleanup: retreats, day of Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation, and Full Initiation Mass, Cathedral School 8th Grade Retreat, and attending High School Spring Weekend Retreat.
- Assist Formation Team planning and attending special events, volunteer opportunities, stewardship weekend, family Mass, meetings and socials for families, students and catechists in the languages of English and Spanish.
- Assist planning, preparation and implementation by attending the High School Youth Group Weekend Spring Retreat in the month of March.
- Attend Continuing Professional Development in Management, Formation, and Spirit Growth.
- Be in communion with the Catholic Church.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish.
- Must be able to work Sunday (times vary depending on programming) and Tuesday 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Comfortable with or willing to learn how to use virtual forms and recording devices to host meetings and create prerecorded informational sessions, meetings and lessons in English and Spanish.
- Comfortable with learning both our internal database for recordkeeping and registrations for programs and events.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Willing to share one's faith and interact with elementary, middle and high school students and families in English and Spanish.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Candidate must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Knowledge of Diocesan norms of Faith Formation, Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
Position Start Date: 12/1/2022