Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral Parish, the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, has an immediate need for a Business Manager. Reporting to the Pastor, this position is responsible for the oversight of all financial, accounting, budgeting and risk management activities of the Cathedral.
Financial and Operational Management:
- Oversee Cathedral wide budgeting for Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, Sacred Heart Church and Cathedral School.
- Ensure financial records are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and USCCB Diocesan Internal Controls framework and monitor the use of all funds.
- Oversee or prepare financial reporting, including preparing and communicating monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review bookkeeping entries including reconciled bank accounts, payables and receivables
- Review all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures, processes and policies, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing systems going forward.
- Ensure the safe receipts, handling and banking of monies and checks received.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting.
- Advise Pastor on operational and strategic issues as they arise.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the Cathedral’s strategic plan.
- Engage the Finance Council around issues, trends, and changes in the operational model as needed.
Administrative, Leadership and Management:
- Work with the Pastor and Cathedral staff to maintain appropriate internal controls to ensure sound financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial reporting. Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, financial results, budget preparation and analysis.
- Coordinate and support audits and proper filings to ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit best practices and state and federal tax and accounting standards regarding nonprofit operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business
- Five years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understands and supports the mission and purpose of the Cathedral and school.
- Experience with the Cathedral’s accounting system ACS
- Prior business management or accounting experience for schools, churches or non-for-profits
- Certified Public Accountant