The Cathedral School of the Diocese of Raleigh is seeking a principal to lead its PK-8 school, beginning with the 2019-20 academic year. Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral Parish was created in 2017 with the construction of the new cathedral for the diocesan and parish family, as well as those who, through evangelization and discipleship, have begun to encounter God.
The Cathedral School has a nearly 100-year tradition of excellence in Catholic education and formation in downtown Raleigh. It enjoys a strong sense of cooperation and shared mission with the 3,300-family Cathedral parish, reflecting its catholicity, drawing the faithful and others from throughout the Raleigh area, and having a diversity of language and cultural backgrounds. With the new Cathedral, the parish is now in process of creating on that campus expanded facilities to include athletic fields and a new parish center, as well as re-imagining its current downtown campus. This original campus is the only school and life-long formation center in rapidly revitalizing downtown Raleigh and close to cultural opportunities and state and local government.
The school community includes 40 dedicated teachers and staff, serving 240 students and their active and engaged parents, with a Home and School Association, a School Improvement Team and thriving after-care program, assisting students and families. Cathedral School is a 2017 Innovation in Catholic Education award winner, a recent U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Award winner and is accredited by AdvancED (S.A.C.S.).
The successful candidate:
- Is a committed, practicing Catholic, dedicated to fostering the spiritual and educational growth of our students.
- Exhibits strong leadership, integrity, sound judgment and problem-solving ability with excellent collaborative skills and a commitment to curriculum and staff development.
- Demonstrates successful experience and skills in communications, as well as budgetary and financial management.
- Has a proficiency in technology, ability to develop strategic and long-range planning and be able to motivate others toward task accomplishment.
- Has a master’s degree in Educational Administration/Leadership with a minimum of 3-5 years experience, preferably in Catholic schools, as a Principal or Assistant Principal. Teaching experience also preferable.
- Must hold/be able to hold a valid North Carolina Administrator’s license.