Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral Parish, the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, seeks a Director of Finance and Administration.
This position is responsible to the Pastor and will oversee the day-to-day accounting and financial considerations for two large campuses including, but not limited to planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, budgeting, cash management, and risk management. The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for ensuring that all financial systems and controls reflect best practices, as well as overseeing other business operations such as HR and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business
- Minimum of five years of experience managing the finances of a complex organization, ideally a not-for-profit entity or church, in a manner such that best practices are established and maintained, and the pastor is provided with the salient information needed to make managerial/operational decisions
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices and proven experience in the preparation of financial reports and analysis of operations.
- Prior experience overseeing other administrative support functions such as HR and IT
- The ability to engage in a consensus decision making process (with involvement from lay volunteers) knowing that the Pastor is the final authority
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills in a fast-paced environment with varied schedules
- Preference for a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. At a minimum, knowledge of and respect for the Catholic Church and its structure