Holy Infant Catholic Church
Hours per week: 28
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Provide administrative support to the Pastor, including preparing correspondence and other parish documents / communications; managing various projects and processes (some detailed below); assisting the pastor in processing information and requests; organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files, scheduling appointments for the Pastor.
- Manage the Marriage Preparation documentation process, including coordinating with the pastor and communicating with the diocesan Marriage Records office and Chancery, all engaged couples, the coordinators of the parish Sponsor Couple program, and occasionally the parish of marriage as needed to ensure all diocesan requirements are met and documentation is processed in a timely way. Maintain marriage prep files / records, both in paper format and electronically (Logos Sacramental Register database).
- Provide liturgical support by preparing, proofreading, and formatting the liturgical scripts, host announcements, prayers of the faithful, and worship aids.
- Maintain sacramental records in parish sacramental register books and in Logos Sacramental Register database. Communicate with and provide sacramental records documentation to individuals, other parishes, and diocese as needed.
- Maintain parish affiliation forms.
- Maintain assigned section(s) of the parish web site, including updating web page text / content, documents, and graphics; adding new content; maintaining selected calendar items; creating selected News items.
- Coordinate the annual documentation process for the Dean’s Annual Visit. Apprise staff in a timely way of their respective responsibilities, coordinate the overall update process, ensure internal deadlines are met, prepare copies for dean’s visit, and submit updated documents by the deanery and diocesan deadlines specified.
- Proofread the draft bulletin weekly.
- Maintain minutes of weekly staff meetings and other parish meetings as needed.
- Provides new member informational/orientation materials; assists with organization of welcoming events.
- Provide other support to the Pastor as needs dictate (example: funeral announcements, meeting preparations, fireside chats).
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in administration, communications, and/or similar fields.
- Practicing Catholic with a sound understanding of Catholic liturgy and sacraments strongly preferred due to the nature of the responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals, speaking, listening, and writing with clarity and comprehensiveness.
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the parish.
- Ability to organize work, multi-task, follow defined procedures, work independently, and complete tasks within established timelines with limited supervision.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Position Start Date: September 2021