The Faith Development Coordinator is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of programs for children and families in a framework that promotes lifelong formation in faith. The Coordinator works under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Faith Development in advocating a systematic faith formation program including catechetical sessions, multi-generational faith experiences, and sacrament preparation.
- Organize, implement, and evaluate catechetical sessions for children and youth in grades pre- K through 8.
- Collaborate with adult youth leaders in development and implementation of programs for JYM (Junior Youth Ministry).
- Plan and facilitate multi-generational events in collaboration with the Faith Development office/team.
- Organize, implement and evaluate sacramental preparation programs for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist for children and their parents.
- Maintain regular communication with children, youth and their families.
- Organize and coordinate Sunday Children’s Liturgy of the Word program for young children.
- Organize and implement an annual summer Vacation Bible Camp
- Collaborate with other parish staff in scheduling, planning and implementing activities, events, and processes that overlap with other ministries.
- Recruit, train, motivate and evaluate catechists and other peer and adult volunteers.
- Meet with Assistant Director of Faith Development regularly to discuss matters relative to parish faith formation and sacramental preparation.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary or assigned by the Pastor, Faith Development Director/ Pastoral Associate or Assistant Director of Faith Development.
- Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Prior faith formation experience; training in faith formation and willingness to acquire and continue training.
- High degree of comfort working with children, youth, and parents, with awareness of appropriate boundaries.
- Acquire and maintain a minimum of a basic catechist certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
Position Start Date: Immediately