The Assistant to the Director of Liturgy & Music provides administrative support to the Director of Liturgy & Music.
- Prepare sheet music for choir, cantors, and musicians and make sets in advance of rehearsals.
- File previous weekend’s Mass music sets.
- Prepare monthly schedules for cantors & choir
- Prepare music and schedules for Youth choir
- Posting music lists & music files for music ministry
- Sort / file / organize / maintain order in Music Room (aka: St. Cecilia Room)
- Prepare weekly bookmarks used at weekend Masses: design / plan, create, cut, store
- Prepare worship aids for special Liturgies, Funerals etc.
- Prepare Liturgical ministry schedules – check weekly schedule online; prepare check-off schedule for each weekend Mass time and other special Masses (e.g. Christmas, Holy Week)
- Proofread special event scripture readings (e.g. Palm Sunday) and other special documents, programs etc.
- Sort, organize, and label various items in liturgical closets
- Assist with inventories of various liturgical spaces
- Lift and move supplies as needed
- Provide other support to the Director as needs dictate
- Help with creating drafts of Liturgical information for Music & Liturgical web pages.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Liturgical or Music Ministry Concerts, workshops and such.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Possesses well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to observe, question, listen, accept feedback, and deal with changes
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently; possesses active organizational skills; able to organize work, multi-task, follow defined procedures, and complete tasks within established timelines with limited supervision
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Minimum level of Education: High School Diploma, College degree preferred but not required
- Minimum Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years of experience
- Area of related work experience: administrative support in a modern office
- Practicing Catholic with an understanding of Catholic liturgy and music
- Knowledge of music helpful but not required
- Part Time, 15 hours per week
Work hours: To be determined but likely Tuesdays - Thursdays, 10:00am – 3:00pm and some weekends. Must be able to commit to a regular schedule of weekly hours and days per week.