40 +/- hours/week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Develop and implement comprehensive young adult, high school and middle school ministry programs.
- Revise and direct the sacramental preparation program for Confirmation.
- Provide opportunities for networking, community building, prayer and retreat experiences among youth and young adults.
- Build a bridge between the parish and the diocese working with Hispanic youth and young adults.
- Provide a contact point for a growing young adult community to foster faith enrichment and community life.
- Provide a contact point for volunteers providing adult faith enrichment opportunities and develop new opportunities in this mission field.
- Attend required staff meetings, retreats, and other meetings as required.
- In collaboration with the Pastor, prepare and administer budget for the office.
- Develop and monitor the results of the program and provide feedback and recurring progress reports to the Pastor.
- Oversee the record-keeping for Faith Formation program records.
- Other duties as directed by the Pastor.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church and living in accordance with the Church’s moral teachings
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Youth Ministry, Pastoral Studies, or related field
- Strong language skills in English and Spanish, both verbal and written; Bilingual fluency preferred
- Solid public relations skills, organizational abilities, and comfort in presenting to a group
- Strong social media communications understanding and computer skills
- Prior experience in the field of Youth and/or Young Adult Ministry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Parish or school background information (number of families, philosophy, etc.)
Holy Family Catholic Church in Hillsborough, North Carolina, a dynamic and rapidly growing bi-cultural parish, is seeking a full-time Director of Evangelization. This position is responsible for developing the spiritual and human formation of our parishioners, with special emphasis on middle school, high school, and young adult populations. This individual should be innovative and intentional in reaching youth, parents and young adults in a culturally diverse parish. He or she should have a strong desire to help parishioners unite themselves to Christ through prayer and the Sacraments of the Church; to understand the Church’s teachings; and to serve His people with generous love. It is essential that this individual have a vibrant life of personal prayer and have a heart to share the fruits of his/her prayer with others.