The Franciscan School
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Develop and foster effective relationships with students.
- Provide short term and crisis counseling for students (individual and group).
- Consult with members of the educational support team and make referrals to outside providers, as appropriate.
- Assist in the leadership and development of advisory programs that address academic, personal and social/emotional components, based on the American School Counseling Association National Standards.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Master’s Degree
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 3 years
- Area of related work experience: School Counselor
- 5 years of related experience in a school setting.
- Licensed or eligible to be licensed by the NCDPI as a school counselor.
Position Start Date: 8/1/2023