Elon Catholic Campus Ministry
Hours Per Week: 40+ (Full-time)
- The Student Ministry Coordinator position has flexible hours with substantial evening and weekend work as a 40+ hour per week position. Sundays are mandatory.
- Vacation policies revolve around the Elon academic calendar.
Mentorship and Leadership Development:
- Support all efforts of the CCM Servant Leadership Team:
- Work with Servant Leaders to plan and implement student-led activities and programs.
- Ensure and manage all logistics necessary for events.
- Help to provide leadership, guidance, and encouragement.
- Attend weekly CORE Team meetings and provide guidance as necessary.
- Meet weekly with individual Servant Leaders (assigned) for one-on-one discipleship.
- Coordinate the Evangelical Catholic (EC) training program:
- Serve as the primary point person for the EC partnership.
- Coordinate the invitation processes for a new Reach More training group each semester.
- Facilitate the weekly training sessions with an eye toward future steps.
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly with participants for one-on-one discipleship.
- Shepherd students as they enter into their apostolates and small groups.
- Oversee the Awakening Retreat program:
- Work with and provide guidance to the Rector and Coordinator to plan and implement the annual Awakening Retreat.
- Ensure all logistics for the Awakening Retreat.
- Ensure adequate promotion and outreach for the Awakening Retreat.
- Oversee leadership transitions and planning retreats.
Student Outreach and Evangelization:
- Develop a ministry of presence with students by encouraging attendance and being visible/welcoming at CCM events and activities, including but not limited to: every Sunday Mass, weekday Masses, weekend retreats (three each year), weeklong alternative break trips (fall and spring), social activities, service events, etc.
- Continually invite students to CCM programs and activities.
- Regularly set up meetings with students, new and returning, to build relationships.
- Foster relationships with students who are ready to go deeper into their Catholic faith.
- Journey with them through one-on-one discipleship.
- Invite them to regular participation in the sacraments and weekly small groups.
- Care for them regularly and in moments of overwhelming or crisis situations.
- Assist Associate Chaplain for Catholic Life with the RCIA program, culminating in students receiving the Sacraments at Easter Mass.
- Handle all logistics necessary on the university level.
- Coordinate schedule for Liturgical Ministers.
- Serve as the primary Sacristan for Masses on Sundays/weekends, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, and holy days of obligation. This includes:
- Setup and cleanup/takedown of altar table, chairs, etc.
- Ensuring liturgical ministers have checked in or finding replacements.
- Ensuring Servant Leader roles are filled as necessary.
- Preparing and assisting with gifts and offertory.
- Ensuring that Mass runs smoothly.
- Support all efforts of the Director of Catholic Life and the Associate Chaplain for Catholic Life.
- Attend weekly CCM staff meetings.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Truitt Center for Religious & Spiritual Life and with Elon’s Division of Student Life.
- Represent CCM to Elon University and its various departments and circles, the CCM Advisory Board, the Diocese of Raleigh, and the general public.
- Support other members of the staff with projects such as mailings¸ advancement (fundraising), and strategic planning.
- Other duties as requested.
- Develop personal skills as a Catholic leader.
- Pursue and maintain an active, growing relationship with God through daily prayer.
- Regularly celebrate the sacraments.
- Read Scripture and other Catholic works to further knowledge of the faith.
- Attend or participate in one continuing education program each year.
- Meet with CCM Staff once a week for a spiritual and faith formation hour.
- Be open and willing to engage in multi-faith efforts.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 2 years
- Area of related work experience: communications, campus ministry
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Flexibility in hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to adapt to change and handle pressures around student schedules.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Students are at the heart of our ministry. The ability to communicate with students is important, sometimes even during off-hours.
- Our ministry is collaborative by nature, much time is spent working together with our students, and as a staff.
- The Truitt Center for Religious and Spiritual life is the multi-faith center of Elon University. We collaborate with both Christian and other religious organizations to bring our students together.
- Elon University is a private, secular, liberal arts college with high-achieving students, and a large Greek life presence.
- Full-time, 10-month position (August-May). Salary and benefits are adjusted to a 12-month cycle.
- Designed as a two-year position, the role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to get their feet wet in the world of professional lay ministry.
- Starting salary: $34,000/year
- Monthly stipends given for cell phone reimbursement and approved student meetings.
- Benefits as provided by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance and a 403(b) plan.
Advises: Student Leadership Team
Position Start Date: 08/01/2023