Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time). The Peer Ministry Coordinator has flexible hours as a 40-hour per week position, even during weeks when students are not in session. Given Sunday is a full work day, one day a week is taken off. Diocesan vacation policies apply. The Peer Ministry Coordinator (PMC) is hired by and accountable to the Director of the Duke Catholic Center, and works collaboratively with the other members of the DCC ministry team. The PMC reports directly to the Associate Director.
- Be present for, help execute, participate in, and invite students to engage in: Sunday and Holy Day Masses; Holy Hour; Penance Services; Retreat Experiences; Sunday Brunch; various catechetical, social, and other programs as assigned.
- Cultivate personal relationships with Catholic students by being visible on campus and connecting individually with students. o Mentor undergraduate students seeking to go deeper in their faith and discipleship.
- Organize the logistics of liturgies in conjunction with pastoral staff, student leaders, and liturgical volunteers.
- Assist with selection, training, and supervision of Student Directors and lead their monthly planning and formation meetings. Supervising Student Directors includes leading and mentoring them with their various events and programming.
- Maintain student database and assist staff in tracking and reporting on data for many various ministries.
- Assist Business Manager with securing funding from Duke Student Organization Funding Committee (SOFC) along with the student President and Treasurer.
- Participate in DCC Staff, Duke Religious Life Staff, and Diocese of Raleigh Campus Ministry meetings.
- Represent the Duke Catholic Center to Duke University, the Diocese of Raleigh, and the general public.
- Oversee residential life at the Falcone-Arena House (Newman Center).
- Participate in at least one continuing education program each year for professional development.
- Commit appropriate time to continue developing spiritually as a Minister of the Gospel.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- Practicing Roman Catholic.
- Experience in College Campus Ministry (even as a student) is preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal and background checks.
- Must complete Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- $29,000 stipend.
- Housing (utilities included).
- Full Diocesan benefits (including health).