Duke Catholic Center
Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Assist with establishment of the DCC as a national brand among constituents. Develop and maintain a yearly communication plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- With the DoD, plan and design direct mail, e-mail, video, and other stewardship and solicitation opportunities.
- Plan and design the production and distribution of annual reports, newsletters, brochures, and other marketing materials in support of development goals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close leadership level gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of five (5) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors.
- Work towards establishment of young alumni network focused on the continued influence and impact of the DCC in their lives beyond Duke.
- Creation of a young alumni newsletter as well as young alumni virtual and in person communities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the DoD, including special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- Actively participates in regular DCC Staff and Advisory Board meetings.
- Represents the Duke Catholic Center to Duke University, the local dioceses, the local Church and the general public.
- Works with and fosters the work of the Duke Catholic Center Advisory Board for the long-term vision and benefit of the Center.
- Professional Development:
- Participate in at least one continuing education program each year.
- Commit appropriate time to continue developing spiritually as a Minister of the Gospel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 3-5 Years
- Area of related work experience: Nonprofit fundraising or mission-driven setting.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Preferred: Practicing Roman Catholic and affinity with the overall mission of the Catholic campus ministry.
Supervises: Assistant Director of Development
Position Start Date: 07/01/2023 (Flexible)